Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day One



I took my cat to the vet yesterday.  Turns out she has allergies.  She got a shot and is feeling much better this morning.

We also went to Walmart as much as I hate going there.  I bought a tub of Yarnell's Death by Chocolate ice cream.  I know, I know.  I need to lose weight and writing this makes me realize just how stupid that decision was, but I haven't had Death by Chocolate for YEARS and I wanted some yesterday.  My problem is that I eat when I get stressed and when I'm experiencing anxiety - which is all the time, really.  I've always battled with my weight because of this.  So, I made the decision last night to announce that I'm starting counting calories today.  I need to lose 30 pounds in 10 months... 30 pounds before my daughter graduates.  I'm at 169 pounds now (maybe more since the Death by Chocolate).  I want to be at 139 pounds or less at her graduation.  If I get down to 138, that'll be how much I weighed 15 years ago.  Hopefully writing about it will help.  We'll see...  Today is Day One.

Now that I've had almost a week to think about and do absolutely nothing since school let out, it's time for me to start actually doing something with my summer.  There are two rooms in the house that need to be cleaned out so that's going to be my first project.  Hopefully writing about that will keep me on track with that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment