Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 37

I ate around 1100 calories yesterday.

I worked on Tempest a good bit last night.  I've gotten his face and the top of his wings finished - no backstitching, though.  I'm getting back into practice counting on evenweave fabric, but I'm not happy with the way it looks.  It's been about 11 years since I've stitched anything.  I didn't realize it had been that long.  It doesn't seem like it.  But the floss is at least 11 years old and seems to have gotten flat and thin.  I don't like how the floss looks.  If anybody has any experience - hints, tips, advice - using old floss, please contact me because I really don't want to spend the time sorting out all of my old floss if it's unusable.  (There's a contact button over on the right.)  I'm just wondering if I should throw away all of my old floss.  (It's DMC.)  I'll try to get a picture of it later so you can see what I'm talking about.  I want my stitches to look fluffy and full.  If there's anybody that can help me out, please, please, please contact me.

As of right now, we have no plans for the 4th.  We have a small family and some are on vacation so it looks like we may not do anything.  Which is honestly fine with me.  I also don't like shooting fireworks around the house because it scares my animals.  So, I'm not sure what will be going on there.

Boyfriend is still here.  It looks like he'll be staying until Sunday.

I'm not feeling well today.  A wave of depression just hit me while ago.  It could be lack of sleep or not getting anywhere on the diet or the summer's halfway over or the thought of having to throw away all of my old floss or that Tempest isn't looking so great or that my stray cat hasn't shown up since yesterday morning - most likely a combination of all those things.  I really don't know, but I'm on the verge of tears.

That's about all for today unless I get a picture a bit later of Tempest.

Update:  The kids are cooking supper so I'll probably have to eat a bit of that.  We're also going to the city tomorrow for the 4th.  I feel really bad.  I doubt I get much stitching done tonight.  I'll probably get in bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment