What I have been doing is practicing on Titania. Since I'd never stitched on 32 count fabric before, I really wanted to practice that and beading before I started on the real thing, so I got a piece of scrap 32 count fabric and marked off a 50 stitch x 50 stitch section of Titania and I've been working on that. Most of the first night was spent winding floss onto bobbins. I took a picture each night.
The awesome needle minder was purchased from Gina's Unique Boutique on etsy.
It has not been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be to work on 32 count fabric. It took me a little while to get used to the pattern, but it hasn't been as difficult as I had imagined, either. I'm going to frame this one and give it to my daughter for her dorm room.
The summer's almost over and I am so not ready to get back into the stress of teaching. I got a phone call from a fellow teacher the other day and she was telling me how many of our teachers have been cut and our principal has been in a really bad mood. Morale is probably going to be low and we'll have much larger class sizes and program cuts. I am not looking forward to this year at all.
Well, that's all for right now. I will post more later.