Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tempest 2

First of all, I apologize for the lighting.  It's the middle of the night... or very early in the morning.  I've been working on Tempest and I'm still not happy with it.  I don't like the way the stitches look and I've about decided that my old floss is useless.  I'm going to put some pictures below of some of the little animals I stitched so you can compare the stitches.  The ones on the little animals are full and nice.  The ones on Tempest are thin and flat.

Here's what I've done so far.  I keep doing a little more and a little more trying to decide if I want to toss it or not.  I backstitched a little bit to see if that would make it better.


Here are the little animals I stitched.  The black on the raccoon's eyes and nose came out thin so I'm going to go back over those.


Again, I apologize for the lighting.  The pictures actually look brighter on my phone.  Anyway, you can see how the stitches are full and fluffyish.  There's pretty good coverage.  Tempest just isn't looking like that and I believe it's because the floss is so old.  When I was backstitching, it kept splitting and breaking.  I tried taking a close up of Tempest.  I'm not sure if you can really tell anything from it.  I'm really rather embarrassed by the way it's looking.


So, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.  I'll stitch some more and see if I can decide.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. It looks great to me. Are the fabric counts the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes the stitch counts are the same. They're both 28 count evenweave.

      Delete