Friday, July 3, 2015

Tempest

Ok, here's a picture of what I've gotten done so far.  Here's what it's supposed to look like.  I'm not happy with it.


Do you see how the floss is so thin and flat?  Especially the lighter colors?  I'm not even sure if I'm going to finish it.  I also don't think I'm going to buy new floss and start over right now.  I may do that sometime later.  So, what about the floss?  Does it get thin, flat, and weak over time?  Or am I doing something wrong?  The colors aren't even blending right.  I've checked over and over and over and I'm using the correct colors.  The little animals I did with new floss turned out well.  Any help would be appreciated...

2 comments:

  1. When you get the backstitching on it will look better. I think the color of the dragons head is close to the color of the fabric. Other than that it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Tracy! Maybe I will finish it. The gold in the dragon is very close to the color of the fabric, but that's the only evenweave I had that wasn't designated for other projects and I wanted to get back into practice counting on evenweave. I think it will look better once it is backstitched. Thanks again! I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete